Before I get into anything…if you’re here to see Chevelle the car, I’m sorry, I know nothing about those. I think my mom and stepdad even had one. Cool looking car, but that’s all I know. This is about Chevelle the band. Check them out though. They would sound great in a Chevelle “the car”.
Now that that’s out of the way…
Why in the world would someone (I guess me) make a site for a 20+ – year old band? Well, here’s how it happened.
My husband and I went to see Chevelle at a concert in Atlantic City on June 11 at the Orange Loop Festival.
Here is a picture from that show. Pete’s cool, I guess, but I really like that alien doll thing in the background.
My husband and I have been Chevelle fans for a long time. I don’t remember exactly when we first heard them, but it wasn’t very long after point #1 came out in 1999.
The thing is, I never got into them so much that I listened to everything and knew all the song names. I just knew that I liked them. So I was happy to go see them in Atlantic City. I knew it would be good.
My husband was probably much more into them at that point. He had every song downloaded and listened to them regularly.
Anyway, for whatever reason, going to see them that night in AC made really get into them more. A lot more. I finally learned Sam and Pete’s names. (Sorry that I still don’t know Tour Bass Guy’s name. I should probably look into that.)
When I say I got into them more, it’s more like “extreme-enjoyment-of-something-bordering-on-obsession.” lol. When something like that happens, I just go with it because it usually leads to something else good.
So I decided to start a website. I like making websites and I thought it would also be a fun way to connect with other Chevelle fans.
Maybe we’ll even pick up some new fans along the way.
I don’t know if my little website will go anywhere. It’s not that easy to get a website to rank in Google and to get people on it doing stuff. This isn’t my first rodeo with that.
But, at least I’ll have fun trying.
And, hey. You just never know…
If you’re reading this right now, then I guess I’ve already succeeded.
Well, since this page is called “About Me”, maybe I should tell you a little about me.
- I’ve got 1 husband, 2 kids, 1 dog, and 3 cats.
- My husband and I have been married for almost 20 years and we’ve always both loved hard rock/heavy metal music.
- Neither of us has any tattoos. We’re the most conservative-looking rockers you’ve ever seen. This is pretty much what we look like:
- My other favorite bands include Slipknot, Korn, Everyone Dies in Utah (best band name!), Bring Me the Horizon (the older-school stuff, not the new fluffy stuff), Ill Nino, Static X, System of a Down, Of Mice and Men, and pretty much anyone that has fast music.
- I love Weird Al.
(Who doesn’t love Weird Al? I bet Sam and Pete love Weird Al. At least Sam. He seems like the Weird Al type. If I ever get the chance to talk to them (like my husband did!!), I’m going to ask them.)
- I wish I was coordinated enough to learn how to play the drums.
- (I wish I had ANY musical bone in my body.)
- I live out in the Philly burbs, so if you hear of any good concerts coming this way, be sure to let me know in the comments!
- My favorite movie is The Big Lebowski.
By the way, I would love for this site to become interactive. Feel free to leave comments on pages or posts. Tell me your favorite Chevelle songs, albums, concerts, or whatever! Tell me about your other favorite bands and who else I should check out.
Here are a few things you can do here:
- Vote for your favorite Chevelle song
- Vote for your favorite Chevelle album
- Check out my Top 22 favorite Chevelle songs
- Check out the Chevelle concerts I’ve been to
- Here’s where you can connect with the band
You can also contact me at Christina@comfortableliar.com.
I’d love to hear from you!
– Christina 🙂